Sleep Deprivation Test (SDT)
Answer yes or no on the following questions.
- ___Do you find that you are moodier than “normal” or stressed out by minor inconveniences?
- ___Do you experience an increase in appetite or frequent cravings for junk-food?
- ___Do you struggle to remember details you would normally remember or are you slow to comprehend when you’re reading/learning?
- ___Do you feel sleepy during the day?
- ___Do you find that your sex drive is lower than normal or do you frequently miss out on sex because you are to tired?
- ___Do you have pain or some other condition or circumstance that interferes with your sleep?
- ___Do you rely on caffeine or strong stimulants to keep you alert during the day?
- ___Do you frequently have nightmares?
- ___Do you or your partner often snore?
My Total Number Of Yes’s (add 1-9): ___________
How To Judge Your Test Result On SDT
You are unique. One of a kind. Congratulations! Or maybe you are just fooling yourself.
MILD : 2-4
You may have some troubles due to sleep deprivation at times, but you are in the clear.
MODERATE : 5-7
You are experiencing occasional or frequent problems because of sleep deprivation and should take countermeasures.
SEVERE : 8-9
Your sleep deprivation is causing significant problems in your life. You need to address your sleeping habits immediately.